"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" Genesis 3:1
Since the beginning of the world, God has spoken His words and "someone" has tried to call Him a liar. Who is that someone and what is he up to today?
- That someone first said to Eve: "Yea, hath God said?" (See Genesis 3:1.)
- That same one put fear in the hearts of the 10 spies who ignored God's word that He would go ahead of them against the inhabitants of the Promised Land. (See Numbers 13-14.)
- The same one spread many periods of doubt against God's words in Israel's long history before the Messiah. (See Old Testament history and prophets.)
- The same one inspired the Pharisees to attack the Incarnate Word of God. (See many places in the gospels including John 7:12.)
- The same one was behind the Judaizers that rejected the apostles' good news of the gospel. (See Book of Acts and Paul's letters.)
- The same one inspired the counterfeit church to drive the Bible believers into caves and burn their Bibles. (See history of the Albigenses, Anabaptists —and the Inquisition. See Did the Catholic Church Give Us The Bible?)
- The same one inspired the inquisitors to torch people at the stake over belief in God's words. (See same reference above.)
- The same one inspired the Jesuits and the popes to mount a counter-reformation that is still going on in the current attack on God's preserved words in English.
- The same one inspired ungodly men to sit in the Bible Societies and approve a corrupt Greek New Testament to replace the time-honored Greek in use for centuries.
- The same one inspired the Bible publishers to market dozens of versions based on that corrupt Greek and containing serious distortions of God's words. (See New King James - The Bridge Bible)
- The same one is currently creating great confusion in our churches because of the wide variety of Bible versions. Christianity Today reports that only 10 percent of Americans read their Bible every day.
Do we see a pattern here?
God has an enemy who has been laser-focused against God's words right from the beginning. We are told that we are not to be ignorant of Satan's devices (2 Cor. 2:11). Yet he has slipped one over on us in plain sight.
When scholars decided to "update" the King James Bible, Satan saw an opportunity and he has executed his plan almost perfectly. For the most part we have been blindsided by his latest strategy.
Linguist David W Daniels set out to understand why so much of the last 200 years of Bible history was not being taught in Bible college and seminary. The diabolical plot that he uncovered is detailed in the shelf of books that he has written on the subject (See the complete list).
Did the Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? is a good overview of the plot. It's the perfect place to start in understanding which Bible you can trust with your eternal destiny.